Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monthly Interview: Zinc707

Today I interviewed a good friend of mine, Zinc707, he also happens to be pretty popular in the scripting area on ROBLOX. Let's get started, shall we?

How did you first find out about ROBLOX?

"Friend in school told me about this site he just found out about called Roblox, said that I should join so we could try it out together."


How did you become very popular on ROBLOX? 

"Started a group called Phantom Empire, gained a few thousand members (And increased my rep among the community.) Later on, I created a game called Build To Survive The Infestation, which gained around 300K visits and increased my popularity among the community more."


As you are a scripter, what are some of the hardest things you've scripted?

"I started scripting back when I created BTSTI. The scripting in that game was at it's basics, freemodels and some tweaking. After a few years of reading lua handbooks and reading other users' work, I began to understand how lua worked

The hardest project is the one I'm currently working on. It's a system that allows users to rent gear in-game for an upcoming game I'm working on (Revelations). It allows the users to spend x no. of currency in-game and rent an item for y no. of days. It is persistent across servers, so you don't have to worry about staying on the game for a full day/week to get your money's worth, and the system cannot be time-cheated (Turning back clocks on computer/device to fool the system into extending your time.)"



What is your favorite thing to do on ROBLOX besides Scripting?

"Generally, my favorite thing to do besides scripting is to play quality games that users make, along with interacting with the community on the forums."


What is your favorite game to play on ROBlOX?

"If I had to choose a favorite, it would be Paintball! I've seen snippets of the code that the creator has written, and it absolutely stunning. Overall, the game is fast-paced, addictive, and keeps you on your toes at all times."
   

You can find Zinc707 here.
zinc707
Thank you Zinc707 for letting me interview you 
today.

Thanks for reading!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment